Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holidaze


First of all, even though it really is a minor holiday for my Jewish friends, Happy Chanukkah! I had to link to JewFAQ.org because I love the site name :) Hope your eight crazy nights are happy and festive!

For the Christian-ish of us (I say that because while I celebrate Christmas, I'm not Christian. I prefer to celebrate the food and Pagan aspects of the holiday) we are a mere four days away from the deadline. I am still procrastinating on the cards, and haven't done any baking. I barely bought any presents - we decided to only buy for each other, and to limit it to chatchski stocking stuffers.

The fact that we moved away and are not required to attend any of the family gatherings, seeing everyone's new babies and pregnant bellies, has been a life saver. This has kept me from breaking down too much during this holiday season.

As far as the holidays go, we have done a pretty good job enjoying them. We went out, got a tree, and decorated it, like a long ass time ago. Since we can go cut our own down, it stays fresh for so long, so we decide to get it early. I put up decorations around the house, listened to Christmas music, and watched some great movies. I haven't been able to enjoy the holidays this much in years!

I think I need to refocus my blog. I keep saying I will, but I haven't yet. This is the week it changes :) Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the holidays! I can't wait to see what you do with this space of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun at your place. We are more spiritual than anything and have encompassed various beliefs for this holiday season. More fun, more gifts, more food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having a fun time this year getting into the holiday spirit. I look forward to seeing your blog's new direction!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!