Monday, February 6, 2012

Bodyrock 30 Day Challenge, part Deux

So, after one week of following January's 30 day challenge, Bodyrock decided to post a new one for February: The No Excuses 30 Day Challenge.

So, after only one week, I decided to start again, and to do the Fit Test again. In one week, I already have a lot of progress! I think part of it is definitely because I am learning how to do the moves, not really because I am getting that much fitter, but who cares, right?

Fit Test Scores:

Squat Jump: 24 (+3)
Push Ups (on my knees, on my knuckles): 15 (-5, I blame my bad hand)
Burpees: 9 (+2)
High Knees: 64 (+23)
Switch Lunges: 15 (each side, +5)
Tuck Jumps: 19 (+14)
Straight Abs (modified to crunches): 44 (+12)

I've also been running - Got a four mile run in on my day off, and then ran home from work Saturday and today. Saturday's run had a misfortune - I had a choice between a car and a patch of ice, and I chose the ice. I slowed to a walk, but I made the wrong choice - I slipped and fell. I landed mostly on my ass but my hand found it's way to the ground as well. That night I thought I might have broken it, but it felt much better the next morning. It's still sore and I can't put weight on my palm (which is why my pushups and burpees today were done on my knuckles) but I am proud of myself for getting the fit test done today!

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how I'm feeling, and my motivation level. Oh, and I've lost 6 pounds in two weeks, so I must be doing something right. And that means I get to buy Bridesmaids! :D

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job, and I hope your hand starts feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Keep up the good work! I've usually given up by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your progress sounds great. Sorry to hear about your injury to your hand. Hope it heals soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!