Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Healthier than I thought

So, my new PCP apparently has the fastest lab ever. Blood work is back. Believe it or not, most everything was perfectly normal! Weird because I have had worse blood work in the midst of a way healthier lifestyle. The only thing that was slightly off was my cholesterol - I haven't had cholesterol under 200 in years, but when I'm running I at least get my HDL through the roof and my LDL in the basement. Not this time - HDL was 78 and LDL was 148. If I was still running fulls, those numbers would be reversed.

I forced myself to run today. I hemmed and hawed and came up with multiple excuses, but then just did it anyway. That felt good. Of course halfway through I lost my mojo. Fortunately, I wasn't on a treadmill, I was out in the wilderness, so I had to get back to my car. I made it back through a lot of walking. But at least I did it.

If I keep forcing myself, maybe I will eventually remember that I love to run, and that will affect my outlook on life. That's the plan. I've also decided to sign up for the Nike Marathon again. I'll find the money somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. Running always makes my husband feel better too. He just doesn't want to do it at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started exercising again, and attempt to run as well.It always feels better afterwards. I'm so sorry to read about your struggles with IF and your loss last year. I hope you find ways to move on, whatever path you decide to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to find my desire to run again. Sadly, it's been since about 2008. I have a lot of making up to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!