Wednesday, May 23, 2012

For the Runners

I've been wokring really hard at getting my butt out to exercise and lose some weight. Sometimes I don't feel like it, and sometimes I feel really discouraged - like I feel excessively tired, slow, like my lungs are going to explode, etc. But I can still do it.

A friend of mine named Rebecca commented on an auto-tweet that my Nike+ does for me, announcing to the world that I have been on a run for so and so distance. She said "Wow! Good for you" which is the type of supportive response she would normally give and I expect from her. She's always been really supportive of me, and I try to be supportive to her as well, although I often fall short.

She's been in a lot of pain lately, rupturing ovarian cysts is the post prevalent issue right now, and I wish there was something I could do to make it better. Rebecca can't run right now. She can't walk, can't sleep much of the time, can't do anything really, so I should be happy that I can run. That is what I must do - run and be happy I can. Someday, I won't be able to run any longer. But today is not that day.

Rebecca, I really hope you start to feel better soon. Sending you lots of love.

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to support me this way. I'll know more later today after visiting with my RE this afternoon.

    Keep up with the running. Some day I too hope to be able to run again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain about wanting to run and not feeling it sometimes and feeling like your chest is burning. So I have changed to HIT - high intensity training - so it is only really 4-6 minutes of high intensity running. It has really worked for me! Happy running!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!