Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Emotional Eating (or Lack Thereof)

I'm still following the Beck Diet Solution, and I meant to blog along the way. Obviously, losing my dog took precedent over everything else when it came to my energy and focus.

Right now I'm in the section of the book that deals with emotional eating. I have been guilty of eating with my emotions in the past. Comfort food in the form of mac and cheese or pasta with butter was my norm when I was feeling bad. When I lost my pregnancy, I ate an entire pan of cheese enchiladas. By myself. In one day.

But when I'm really upset, I stop eating altogether. I know this is no more healthy than overeating, but forcing yourself to eat when you physically feel sick seems harder to do than stopping yourself from eating until you feel sick. Food just doesn't sound good. I'm eating, but just enough. I haven't been hungry since Sunday. It's almost as though eating to fill an emotional void only works when the void doesn't feel so vast.

I wonder how long it will take to feel better. I miss her so much.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I too am an emotional eater. When my first husband left me I stopped eating for over a week.

    When I lose a baby or I get pissed off at how I'm being treated by others I eat to make me feel a bit better. It is always a temporary effect and makes me feel emotionally worse for having binged.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!