Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Mornings are the Hardest

I feel mornings are always the hardest time of day when things are tough.

When I say I can't remember my life before she came into it, I truly have no recollection.

Every morning I wake up knowing in my heart she is there, has to be there, has always been there... and then the realization that I am wrong clouds over me. It's as if I have been dreaming of her all night, only to have her slip out of my grasp as I regain consciousness, even though I don't remember any dreams.

Life just feels weird in her absence. Walking one dog feels alien. Feeding one dog without having to worry about who would steal the other's food. I need to toss her beds - my other dog won't use them, and doesn't even sniff them anymore. He knows as well as I do that she's gone. I don't know why I am still holding on to them.

I never realized that losing her would affect me this much.

3 comments:

  1. I kept my cat's favorite toy. Maybe keeping a small toy or the collar wouldn't be so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since losing my dad, the mornings have been hardest for me too. It's something about knowing I have to face another day of the grief.
    I am so sorry you are going through this, she was a lucky dog to have such a good family. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!