Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DietBetting It

I just joined a DietBet. I have been sad and lazy. Sad about my pup, sad about pup adoption hoops, sad about my infertility (lots and lots of people seem to get pregnant every day, right?), and now sad about Boston. I haven't wanted to work out, run, or even eat right. It's so easy to slip into bad habits.

I heard about DietBet a few weeks ago because a friend of mine posted in Facebook about one she was participating in. I think they explain it better, but you bet money, you work for 4 weeks to lose weight, and if you lose 4% of your starting weight you win! Everyone who wins splits the pot. I'm usually not comfortable with betting (or losing money) but I decided to do it. Why? Because 90% of the people who join a bet, lose at least 5 pounds. So you're a winner regardless, right? Also, since I hate losing money, perhaps I will actually be good for these four weeks? Time will tell.

I'm also going to invite you to join me in the DietBet we are participating in! I don't think I get anything from inviting people (unless I invite the most, which I am nowhere near!) but for every person who invites at least 3 participants, DietBet adds another $15 to the pot, which benefits all the participants!

My starting weight was 182.5 so my 4% is 7.3 pounds. Actually, since my old ass scale only weighs in half pound increments, I need to have lost 7.5 pounds. In four weeks. Ok, it's on!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. I thought you were going to meet up with a potential puppy the other day? Didn't work out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't work out - she wasn't submissive enough to deal with my little jerk without wanting to eat him. :( Super sweet dog though

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!