Wednesday, May 22, 2013

No Man's Land

Someone posted on Twitter asking if someone had any good child free blogs to recommend. I have been looking for new blogs to read, but honestly, I have not been very successful. I have a hard time reading infertility blogs unless I already know and love the person writing. It is almost inevitable that they will get pregnant which I won't want to read about. I see enough of that in my regular life. I also have a hard time reading any blogs where the writer describes themselves as a "mommie." I read plenty of blogs that are written by moms, but if you describe yourself as a mom, you are going to be posting about your kids, probably a lot, and I'm just not ready for that yet. I may never be. This also does not apply to people I already know and love. Sorry, it may not be fair, but it's how it is.

So I thought I would look for some child free blogs, since many of the health/weight loss/fitness blogs as well as the food blogs are written by self proclaimed moms. Guess what! People who blog about being child free are child free by choice.

Well, shit.

I feel like I'm stuck between worlds. I don't fit into either realm. No man's land, except there are a few of us in this limbo. We're just not vocal. We don't even try to attract attention, because we don't want to answer the questions, feel the sympathy. Very few truly understand.

So, if you have any blog recommendations, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing I too had some to follow. Let me know if you find any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many things like this. I am a mom but I have recently gone through the worse time of my life having to admit my child to the hospital for self-injury and suicidal ideation. Afterwards I have had a horrible time reading about moms complaining about their children waking them up or keeping them from getting in a run. We can't run from the pain though. Instead we have to understand we are all in so many different places and unfortunately we all have pain. Some pains we can share. Some we can't. I do hope you can find some blogs that work for you though. I do get it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!