Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Curses! A Plateau!!

At first I thought I was plateauing because I was slacking on my calorie consumption/food tracking/diet choices. Estimating combined with ice cream and wine was certainly the culprit and not part of my success plan. I am happy to say that I am definitely getting my exercise in, as I have not been less than 10,000 steps a day for a while (perhaps ever since I got the puppy and he could start going on walks)!

I thought as soon as I really started to track seriously, the weight would go back to dropping. Hmmmm. Not so much apparently. I might not be so concerned, except I did lay $25 on the line that I would be another three pounds down by THIS COMING MONDAY. Three pounds in less than a week. EEEEK!

I am on my period, so hoping that is some of the stagnation. In the meantime, I am drinking a gallon of tea a day and eating (mostly) clean. Greek yogurt and fruit for breakfast, salads with beans and vinegar for lunch, and healthy dinners filled with veggies and protein. My final weigh in must be submitted on either Monday or Tuesday, which means I need to stay focused over the weekend (not always easy, as I'm sure almost everyone can agree with) and if Monday morning's numbers are still sucky, I might be doing a cucumber/lemon water and green monster cleanse. Can you tell I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to money? With any luck and cooperation from my body, hopefully it won't go that far.

It's actually not just the money, it's the getting into the 160's, which I haven't seen since the summer before IVF#1. Goal weight is 169, so very, very motivated to get there and break this imaginary barrier.

1 comment:

  1. maybe pushing more water and watching the salt intake for a day or two will get the rest off?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!