Monday, June 10, 2013

My Dream

I have always wanted to be as good of a photographer as my mother, but I wanted to take it a step further: I wanted to feel accomplished as a photographer. Maybe someday I would sell photos or even earn my living as a photographer, but for now, I just want to feel proficient. This is actually part of my 101 Things list, but every time I started on the tutorial, I would give up because I don't have a nice enough camera. My f-stops have no range, and my shutter speed isn't good enough to really see the difference. How am I supposed to learn, if I can't do the exercises and share my profound photos with you?

Because the photos aren't all of the lesson. That's how.

I have selected Photography as my dream. I am determined to not only get through all the lessons in this intro to photography tutorial, but also to print and frame a photograph, as well as enter a photograph into our local county fair. Part of this Dream will be taking lots of photos, and I won't limit myself to just my DSLR, but will also use my point and shoot, work camera and even my iphone. It doesn't make sense to limit myself when my best camera isn't that great, I should be focusing on making all my photos better, no matter what tool I happen to be using at the time.

Learn more about Project Dreamcatcher and join us!


3 comments:

  1. This is an excellent dream! It's so easy to qualify our dreams with conditions (for me it was putting in time) so to see you let go of conditions is liberating and inspiring! I can't wait to see what your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. I love taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!