Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Typical Day of Eating Real Food

I know a couple of my Twitter followers were very interested in what I eat daily. It always changes, but here is a pretty typical day.

Breakfast
3 large eggs
Organic Pastures Raw Butter, 1 tbsp
3 breakfast sausage links

Morning Snack
Artisana - Raw Coconut Butter, 1 Tbsp
Large pear
1 Tbsp Great Lakes Porcine Gelatin in Tea

Lunch
Pork shoulder, 1 cup, shredded
Organic Pastures Ground Beef, 4 oz
Asparagus - Roasted , bacon fat, Salt, Pepper
Organic Fresh Herb Salad

Afternoon Snack
Artisana - Raw Coconut Butter, 1 Tbsp
Organic Pastures - Raw Skim Milk Kefir, 0.5 cup
Organic Pastures - Raw Milk Whole, 1 cup
Stevia

Dinner
Pork shoulder, 1 cup, shredded
Organic Fresh Herb Salad, 4 cups
1/2 small delica Squash, roasted
2 Tbsp Organic Pastures Raw Butter

Evening Snack
Artisana - Raw Coconut Butter, 1 Tbsp

This puts me at 2336 calories, 36 g fiber, over 100% for all tracked nutrients, 19% carbs, 25% protein and 56% fat. I still need to work on more lean cuts of meat so I can up my protein without increasing my fat intake. I can't afford to eat all organic meat all the time, so I'm fine with adding more butter LOL

I average about 2400 calories a day for maintenance according to my Fitbit and MyFitnessPal. Although my weight was creeping up, I am a little more than 10 weeks into my reset so I'm not worried. I am actually about the same size too, which is good. No growing out of my pants here! I think this is because I'm still eating healthy, even if higher calorie. And now that things are starting to come together nutritionally (aside from the wheat debacle) the weight seems to at least stabilizing, if not actually dropping again.

4 comments:

  1. I think I need to make it my goal that I am active enough to warrant eating 2400 kcal/day...... I'm more like 1600-1800. Plus grass fed butter=drool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely not losing weight at that number of cals, but I do get at least 10,000 steps a day which helps :) I think I'll probably have to cut back to about 2000 to start losing again

      Delete
  2. Um, you might want to take a look at the link in my comment about why stevia is bad for you. http://empoweredsustenance.com/is-stevia-bad-for-you/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link! I did send it to my nutritionist, but after looking through the article and the comments, I'm not sure the author has really done her research. She definitely made a couple of very obvious mistakes and a few assumptions in order to make her point. I only use pure stevia (no additives of any kind) in small quantities and add it to very few things. I think a very similar article could be written about coffee, tea, beans, quinoa, dairy, fruit or just about any other food out there. I also don't think I would take the advice of a 20 year old that doesn't know me or my specific situation! Beware of everything you read on the internet!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!