Monday, November 18, 2013

The Liebster Award

Not When But If has nominated me for the Liebster Award. This is the first chain letter style blog nomination I've gotten. I'm not really a fan of chain letters in general, but I'm in a little bit of a blogger funk, so this is probably exactly what I need.




11 Random Facts


1. I've lived in Saudi Arabia.

2. I've also lived in Amsterdam.

3. I'm an American mutt, but I'm mostly Irish and Lebanese.

4. My great grandparents owned acreage on Century Boulevard in Los Angeles. Too bad they weren't able to hold on to it until it could sell for a decent amount. I come from a long line of poor timing.

5. I was obsessed with horses from birth until high school, and trained to exercise race horses at Santa Anita Racetrack.

6. I was a vet assistant right after college and almost went to Vet School at UC Davis.

7. I wasn't born is a hospital, but in my parent's living room, on purpose with a doctor my mom met just days before who made housecalls (the hospital blew off her birth plan).

8. The only time I have ever been hospitalized was as a toddler when I had pneumonia.
 
9. I still don't really know what I want to be when I grow up.

10. I grew up an only child.

11. I believed in Santa until I was 12 years old. Some people might think that's pathetic, but I hope the same for any child I might be lucky to have. Although in today's word, it's probably next to impossible.


11 Questions asked by Not When But If

1. What was the destination of your favorite vacation?  Why? My husband and I went to Mexico, Cabo San Lucas. I felt so at home - on boats, in the ocean, swimming, snorkeling, speaking Spanish, eating Mexican food and drinking Margaritas. After all, I am the honorary Mexican

2. Do you have any pets?  What?  How many? I have two dogs, both rescues. One small and old, one large and young.

3. What’s your favorite physical asset (don’t be shy!)? These days I would say my legs, because they are long and somewhat thin. My boobs and eyes are pretty good too.

4. How is your life different now from what you thought it would be at this point when you were 20? Oh lord, that was a long ass time ago. At 20 I thought I would have been married for 15 years by now and probably have a teenager or two. Or at least a pre-teen. At 20 I also thought I would be a doctor. I guess my life might have been a little less stressful had I actually gone to medical school.

5. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?  What did you think? You know, I couldn't tell you. I haven't seen a movie in well over two years.

6. Name your guilty pleasure TV show. My favorite TV shows are The Walking Dead and American Horror Story, but those are both so well done, so no guilt there. If I were to choose a cheap, embarrassing show, it would be Dance Moms.

7. (Shameless curiosity spurred on by the award rules) How many people follow your blog?  How long did it take you to build up your audience?  How’d you do it? I'm such a sad little blogger. 136 people follow me on Google Reader, but we all know Google reader is now defunct. I honestly don't know how many follow, but sometimes I get 200 views in a day. Not sure who, because so few people comment. I started blogging such a long ass time ago though, so obviously my method of getting followers isn't working. LOL

8. How often do you blog? It all depends. I try to blog at least a few times a week, but sometimes life gets in the way. I have a full time job, two dogs (one who requires a lot of time), and a husband who works more than me so I'm responsible for all shopping, meals, laundry, cleaning, etc. It can be a bit overwhelming.

9. Does anyone in your “real life” know about your blog? My husband is aware of it, but doesn't bother to read it. I have IRL friends who knew about my blog, but I've lost touch with many of them. I have considered coming out of the closet, but since this was a safe place to bitch about infertility and certain people in my life who were aggravating me, I wonder if I would offend anyone. Maybe someday I'll go through my posts and password protect some so I can share more publicly.

10. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My mom. Miss her tons, but we try to talk several times a week.

11. If you weren’t answering this question right now, what would you be doing? Reading "Nourishing Traditions" (still working on my kitchen skills with regards to traditional nutrition) or playing with Pinterest.


11 Bloggers I'm Nominating

I do feel a little funny about this because I hate to pressure people. At least I'm not saying that there will be 7 years of bad luck or anything. I do like the idea of nominating people who have commented on my blog recently, and I hope that doesn't discourage people from commenting. LOL

1. The Next 15000 Days

2. Inpregnable!

3. Beyond the Dream of Motherhood

4. Life of an Army Wife

5. The Five Year Plan

6. Angie Eats Peace

7. Family Building with a Twist

8. Stop Trying and it Will Happen

9. The Habits and Thoughts of Heather

10. Our Last Embryo

11. Fox in the Hen House (Maybe this will give you something to do while recovering. Thinking of you!!)


My 11 Questions

1. What’s your favorite food?

2. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

3. Do you have any phobias?

4. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

5. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?

6. Pirates or ninjas? Why?

7. If you had to move to another country, where would you move?

8. Your coolest Halloween costume ever?

9. What is your favorite potato chip flavor?

10. Do you believe in ghosts?

11. What was your favotie childhood toy

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for including me. Nice way to start my day :)
    lots of love from sLOVEnia,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun, fun! I'll try to tackle them tomorrow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO much fun! I would love to hear more about your time living abroad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!