Friday, January 24, 2014

Book Clubs

My turn for selecting my local book club's reading selection is coming in just a few months. Any suggestions? I personally like really quirky books (Christopher Moore anyone?) but I enjoy book club a lot more when we discuss a book that inspires actually discussion and maybe even debate. The last two books we read that were like that were Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg and The Secret Race. I am starting early because I would like to read it first so that I know I'm not steering the group wrong.

I'm looking for suggestions, so if you've recently read a good and thought provoking book, please let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I love anything by Wally Lamb and he always has interesting characters to discuss.
    My last few Book Club picks have been: Wild, The Book Thief & Autobiography of a Yogi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We read Wild in the fall, but I'll check everything else out! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. A Well Tempered Heart by J.P. Sendker is one we just read for my club. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Almond Tree by Michelle Cohen Corrsanti was a good discussion in my book club. As was Gone Girl, The Faith Club and Those Who Save Us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!