Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Perfect Scenarios

Sometimes you have to put exactly what you want out into the universe with the hope you get exactly what you want. And sometimes by doing this, you realize the lack of effort you are putting in. Which is good, because you can then step it up.

I applied for a job recently, and I got an interview. However, I didn't make it past the first round of interviews. The company is well respected in its industry and their employees enjoy working for them. I would have enjoyed the work, and I have no doubt I would have been successful in the position, but the reason I really wanted it was to be closer to my family. I also wanted to get away from my current company.

The fact that I didn't even make it to an in-person interview is pretty upsetting to me. I keep trying to tell myself that the right opportunity will work out, but it's hard to believe it right now. I feel stuck in my current job, current company, current town. I can't even afford to make a move without a job because I'm fucking old now and need health insurance.

So back to putting what I want out into the universe. The perfect scenario: I land a position that pays decently and has good benefits that is in the Pacific Northwest, with the option to work part time or full time from a home office so I can afford to build a house on my family property that I love. My husband can start a business and we can live happily ever after.

I guess that means I need to start applying to more positions than just this one.

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!