Friday, March 21, 2014

Fundraising Again

It's been over three years since I ran a race with Team in Training, and almost five years since I was fundraising! I'm back at it, to raise money for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco on October 19, 2014. I am looking for some new and unique fundraising ideas!

Here's what I have planned:

1. Throwing myself at the mercy of all my friends, family members and work colleagues
2. Planning on bakery orders all summer - cookies, cupcakes, and rolls. Thinking  Hoping might make a little bit every week all summer.
3. Contest/Drawing based on my finish time - asking for a minimum $25 donation and the person who gets closest to my time gets their pick of the prizes, and I'll go down the list from there.
4. Aaaand I'm out.

I'm hoping I might be able to do a guest bartender thing at an event in town, and I'm really trying to figure out how I can afford to copy a friend of mine and buy/ship medals to people when they donate money and do a fun run on their own. So far none of the medals I can even remotely afford are cool enough for my taste. I would also love to design a rad ass t-shirt to sell, but having trouble finding the right one.

Other than that, I'm looking for something new to do! If you have any suggestions, let them fly!

As far as training goes, I am working my ass off to try and get faster. I have slowed down to a turtleish 14 minute mile on my good days. Sheesh! Feeling slow. But I have a training plan set based on my summer schedule of work, vacation and other planned activities and the Jeff Galloway method. Even though I am slow, I am determined to break a five hour marathon.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! Let me know what you decide and how I can contribute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!