Sunday, March 16, 2014

Workin' Out

So with this whole30 thing, I decided I should start working out. Unfortunately, I miscalculated how flaccid and out of shape I am.

Been seeing a bunch of commercials about DailyBurn. It has a 30 day trial and is supposed to be reasonably customized and give you a new workout every day, plus you can use your iPhone or iPad and get it onto your tv too. So easy to squeeze in right?

Well, the first time I thought about it and took the intro quiz, I was much more modest. However, this time I was all pumped up from 2 weeks on whole30 and I also just finished a run, and I still felt like I had a bunch of energy. So I signed up for the hard workouts. I can handle it! Right?

It started off with jumping jacks. The first 10 were like "this is awesome!" The next 30 were harder, and by the of the jumping jacks my calves were screaming for mercy. 

Mercy came, but in the form of butt kicks. Finally we got to the squats. Something to work my already strong legs! Wait, ouch. OUCH! FUCK! 

But no worries, now we're doing lunges. Ummm actually, no we're not, becausey entire left leg has completely seized up. You know what sounds better than working out? Watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix, that's what.

Yes, I know that's how I got myself into this predicament in the first place. Yes, I only made it through 4 minutes. Let's just say I walked funny for three days and leave it at that.

On a side note, I also tried the beginner workout. I'm not doing that for a while. I'm starting somewhere else with this workout thing.

3 comments:

  1. I had one of those workouts back in January. I swear I could not walk for three days. It was awful but it did motivate me to stay active.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... Stick with it. I'm 8 weeks in to my return to the gym, and I've already seen huge changes in my strength, endurance and flexibility. And I really believe that changing it up is helping my running. I can sympathize though- I tried a new class at the gym last week and couldn't walk for three days. Hell- I couldn't even bend over to wash my feet in the shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of getting a Pilates video but I guess thinking and doing aren't exactly the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!