Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Gonna Do It Again

I have to say, Whole30 apparently grows on you. Aside from a bit of dairy, some wine and two coffees with sugar, I have stayed pretty much on the plan over the last two weeks. I feel like I have interest to try reintroducing non-gluten grains and legumes, but haven't really felt like it. Weird, right? I also notice that I need far, far less sugar in my coffee now. Yay!

Anyway, since I knew I couldn't be 100% perfect with my winter work situation, I had already planned on doing a second one after Easter. So here I am, starting another one on Tuesday, April 22.

This time I am going to be beyond strict. I know I wasn't being perfect when I ate out or after I read nutrition labels, and I learned a whole lot more stalking the Whole30 forums about things I'm not supposed to have but weren't obvious in the book. I also know I need to incorporate more veggies, especially at breakfast.

And, I am going to schedule my bloodwork and physical to coincide with the end of the 30 days. I'm really excited to see how all of this has been affecting my body! If you've been following my life for any length of time, you might remember I've had borderline blood sugar and cholesterol numbers for years and years, and have recently read many articles indicating both of those are related. Since I have mostly cut sugar (sweeteners and refined carbs) out of my diet but been eating a crap ton of eggs and saturated fats, I'll be really interested to see how that has helped or hurt my bloodwork numbers. Also, the constant inflammation my body must have been going through with eating gluten is also done, so with any luck, my bloodwork results will reflect that.

Anyone want to join me this time? I'm trying to talk my husband into it, but he's not convinced he needs to give up cheese. He has a major sweet tooth issue though, so I think this could only help him. Fingers crossed he will join me so he can also find better health.

3 comments:

  1. I'd rather life a short life than give up wine, dairy, nuts, wheat, legumes.... I love all those things. But I admire your will power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you don't have to give it up forever, just for a while. I'm drinking wine again, but will give it up for another month after this weekend ;) And you don't have to give up nuts either! Those are on the plan

      Delete
  2. Nope, don't think I could give it all up either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!