Thursday, May 8, 2014

Gaining another 10 years of life

While I was sick last week, I watched some Ted Talks, specifically ones about Lifehacks. This one really spoke to me, and it felt like something I could actually do. Therefore, for 21 days, I am going to try and complete the following:

1. Journal something positive
2. Write down three things I am grateful for
3. Practice a random act of kindness
4. Meditate

I'll start right now.

My husband and I just got back from a trip to attend his grandmother's funeral. Obviously, it was a sad occassion and the traveling itself was equally as draining. However, it's times like these that make me remember the kind of man I married. We have an amazing connection and being with him, in daily life, on vacation and traveling for not so fun circumstances just reminds me that he's awesome.

My three gratitides for today:
1. The use of my legs - I can't even imagine not being able to run or even walk
2. Living in the mountains. Please never let me forget the amazing place I live in
3. My mom - always supportive and my friend. We have the most amazing discussions and debates. Especially after seeing my Mother in Law and her siblings at their mother's funeral, I'm not looking forward to that. I hope it doesn't happen for many, many years, but I am grateful to have her in my life now.

My random act of kindness today is to send a small gift to a friend.

xoxo to all of you

2 comments:

  1. LOVING this! :-) <3 Sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother's passing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Such a great way to gain healthy perspective.
    I am so sorry for the loss in your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!