Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day Gratitude

Today's installment of Let's Think Positive and Live Longer, brought to you by Stop, Breathe and Think, my new iphone app that guides me through short meditations!

One of the four things is meditating daily, and I have NEVER been one to meditate. I mean, I have done the yoga thing, including the end of yoga thing, but I have never been able to actually sit down to meditate. This app was free, and I love that while adults can use it, it seems to have been created to help school aged children get more connected with their minds, thoughts and feelings in order to be more balanced kids. I think that's a wonderful thing! It has a section that explains how meditation can help, and how you can do it.

If you're not an app person, one of the blogs I follow posted about meditation as well.

My loving husband, who I know I complain about more than he deserves, asked me what I wanted to do for Mother's Day. This might not seem like a positive thing, coming from an infertile and childless woman, but it touched me. It wasn't just him asking what I wanted to do on that day, he was asking me because I am a mother in his eyes. I didn't ask if he thinks of me only as a mother to our dogs, or if he is thinking of me as the mother to our angel baby, but it touched me just the same. He's a stereotypical guy, and never really wants to discuss things like my miscarriage, so I don't dare ask. But that moment of him asking me, because to him, it was my day, made me feel validated for the work we did and the sad experience we went through. Even though other people won't look at me as a mother, the one person that really matters does. Now I just have to figure out what I want to do that day! Let me know if you have any ideas.

Three Gratitudes for Today:
1. Grateful for my dogs - they truly love me unconditionally and nothing heals your soul faster than puppy kisses
2. Grateful I have a secure job that I enjoy 99% of the time
3. Grateful my husband chops wood and makes me fires when it is cold :)

My Random Act of Kindness - reaching out to another childless friend to say hi and that I'm thinking of her

One more thing for the childless mothers, this is a beautiful post by my lovely friend Amel. I'll be thinking of all my childless by chance friends on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. KUDOS to your husband. I applaud him. What a great guy! What I want to do on Mother's Day? I want some cake and Indonesian food (which is impossible to get here ha ha...). Other than that, the only thing I can think of is a full body massage (I love massages!) he he...

    THANK YOU for sharing my post with your audience. :-)

    P.S. I think that meditation app was created also because there has been some worries that the new generation of kids has trouble focusing (short span of interest) due to the fact that they grow up with gadgets and they have access to social media 24/7. The cyber space can be quite overwhelming: Facebook, Twitter, etc. etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!