Sunday, May 4, 2014

NIAW MIA

I just realized that I didn't post a single thing for NIAW.

I guess I just don't feel connected any longer. I see RESOLVE as the advocate for the mothers who struggled to get there and the women who will be mothers after their own struggle. I feel so removed from even my own struggle, but as we all know, there is no baby in my life, nor really any chance of a baby in the future.

RESOLVE is all about hope. Where do you go when you no longer have any?

I'm actually in a much better place mentally without hope and RESOLVE. I was able to look at a baby 2 feet away from me, discuss why I'm not going to have kids, and I didn't cry. Didn't even tear up. I was so PROUD of myself.

I'm doing good.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think women like us should start something like resolve but then it feels like we aren't moving on... Maybe we need an organization for moving on, no matter from what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard - so much of our society is about having children - whether it's before you start trying, you're having them, or choosing to stop, etc. that's what so much of our lives center on. Not having a child still feels to me like I'm rebelling against society and have something to explain. I know, I'm weird

      Delete
  2. Interesting, because I find that RESOLVE also covers people like us - the ones that end up without babies. At least I seem to recall reading some articles about people like us in that site.

    Anyhow, KUDOS to you for moving forward in your healing journey! YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm just so close to it that I'm missing the forest for the trees? Maybe I need to take a step back and take some responsibility for my lack of participation. Maybe I should be the catalyst for my own representation. Regardless I am going to go look for some of those articles. And YAY for both of us :) I feel like we are getting there on the healing front. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I seem to remember reading an interview with one of Resolve's main spokespeople, and she had resolved to live childfree. They also have some articles on their site about the childfree option. But yeah, it does tend to get overshadowed by the focus on achieving motherhood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!