Friday, May 16, 2014

Positivity

I do feel like I am living a more positive life, already. Many times during the day I think about something that is wrong, or not going the way I would like, but I then think about the positive spin I can put on it. If I can't think of a positive spin, I do find myself not worrying about it too much, and able to focus on the things that are good in my life. Such as "Don't sweat the small stuff, and most of it is small stuff!"

I have been watching presentations on the Thyroid Sessions, since along with fatigued adrenals, my thyroid is operating on a sub par basis. I have learned so much, but the information is overwhelming, you know? So many people, even if they are on the same page, they don't have the same opinions. I'm doing my best trying to decipher as best I can, what I should be doing. I don't think I've mentioned it, but while I have been eating mostly whole30-ish, I haven't stayed on whole30. What have I cheated on? A little wine here and there, and I did eat gluten while we were out of town for the funeral, and I had tortilla chips and a margarita on Mother's Day. Far from perfect, but that's okay. I forgive myself. I'm also spending more time accepting myself instead of telling myself I need to lose weight, run more, fit into those pants, etc. America the Beautiful, yo!

Today, I am grateful for my sense of humor. I'm also grateful for my real estate broker for getting my place rented! Last, I am grateful that my friends, their families and their homes are currently safe from the wildfires in San Diego. Fingers crossed that the rest of this fire season is uneventful for them.

My random act of kindness today was to dye my husband's hair. He can't do it himself, and he's not ready to be Clooney yet. Don't tell him I told you! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying work on accepting myself, aiming for health rather than weight loss. Its hard. I am in great shape but that weight doesn't want to budge. Time to stop fighting and start embracing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!