Saturday, May 17, 2014

Strong Women

Tonight I am going to celebrate the retirement of the best boss I've ever had. I haven't worked for her in ten years but I am happy to still be in contact with her. I learned a lot from her, and she is the reason I have my current job, the one that I love. Many talk about her, say she is a bitch, or worse. Really, the only thing she is guilty of is being a woman in a male-centric industry. In many ways, she has to be tougher than a man just to compete on an even playing field. She wasn't perfect, but she was supportive and protective of those that worked for her and did a good job. She never had children, claimed she never wanted them, but in many ways, I was one of her kids. I will miss her, but she is off to the next great adventure of her life and I wish her well.

I'm also out of new gratitudes, but I think it's okay to repeat some. It reminds me I have things to be grateful for, right? I'm so grateful for where I live today. I would love to be closer to my family, but this area is so beautiful and there is so much to do. I am grateful I don't have a long commute. I am grateful that we aren't breathing the smoke from the fires in southern California.

My random act of kindness today is allowing my coworker to get a lot of work done while I took over his business for the day, from open to close. In the immortal words of Rosalyn Rosenfeld in American Hustle, "Thank God for me." LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!