Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mommy Bloggers

In company wide meeting, I had to listen to the marketing department rave about how they hosted a mommy blogger recently and she loved us, because "mommy bloggers have a bigger influence than any other advertising outlet!"

What fresh fucking hell is this?

Mommy bloggers.

MOMMY BLOGGERS.

In the meantime, bitter, used up childless infertile bloggers only attract other childless bloggers, and of course, being much less common than the 1 in 8 odds we used to be lucky enough to belong to.

Even more than my outrage that mommyhood is a requirement to be a "mommy blogger" is my outrage that mommy bloggers have now infiltrated my workplace.

I'm going to blame my challenged reproductive bits on why I'm not getting free vacations and shit.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, talk about feeling like a square in a round peg. Made me want to raise my hand and say, "Excuse me, can I leave this meeting because I'm not a mommy?" Ughhhh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck, half the people in the room were men! I think they were in awe of the mommy bloggers which just made me roll my eyes.

      Delete
  2. I tried to comment on my mobile the other day, but had problems, so I'm late. I read this and just thought, "yuck!" Often our workplaces can be places we can escape, so it's a shock when it follows us there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!