Sunday, March 29, 2015

Thoughts at a Wedding

I'm in another weekend with the hubs, attending a wedding. While I feel rather pudgy and kinda hate how my dress looks on me, I'm still liking this time away.

I do believe last weekend was a breakthrough for me! We saw brother and sister in law, who got married after we had already started trying (hub told EVERYONE at that wedding that we were trying) and have two kids. She gave birth to her second child right about the time I decided not to go through IVF any longer. So, as you can imagine, I'm expecting lots of feelings.

I actually felt okay! Of course it crossed my mind more than once, but overall I was good. More than good - I was still happy! I didn't feel like crying and I wasn't counting the minutes until we could leave. In fact, BIL asked if we wanted to get together for breakfast before the wedding "because we wake up early." I giggled last night as I pulled the blackout shade in our hotel room because we get to sleep in as late as we want. We get to enjoy each other. We get to drink mimosas without worrying about anyone but ourselves. For the first time I don't feel like I'm lying to myself when I focus on these things :)

Now I'm off to see a wedding and drink like I don't care how I look in my dress ;)

Now I need to work on feeling as good about work...

3 comments:

  1. I'm yawning as I comment. I doubt I'll ever get sleep again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this! We've just been to a wedding, and I too tried to forget how I looked in my dress, and had a lovely time sleeping in. We were all staying in the same apartment block, and the family who talked about getting up early were sternly discouraged from arriving at our apartment for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUUUUUULLLL! How nice to feel okay and not to care about anything else and just enjoy yourselves. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!