Monday, June 8, 2015

Back In The Saddle Again


  
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Got my shit together today, and actually made a breakfast, packed a lunch, and tracked my food. Oh yeah!

At this point, the only goal I can focus on is fitting into my clothes. I'm still hobbling around after my mishap in April, and can't run, which really sucks. But, I think I'm going to use this setback to focus on weight training and building strength.

I currently have a gym membership that I purchased mainly to get access to a treadmill while training for my marathon, but I'm thinking of letting it go. I have two months prepaid at this point, so maybe I'll keep it three altogether.

So right now I'm trying to get the motivation to start, but not get discouraged if I'm not perfect. And of course, hope I can make some progress in the next two months because 1. I can't fit into my clothes 2. It's summer 3. I have a convention coming 4. I'm still shocked whenever I see myself in a mirror.

I'm just not sure what program I'll do. I have a FitStar membership. I could follow New Rules of Lifting for Women, I could do Body for Life, I could do a workout from a magazine/website/whatever. I just have to get past analysis paralysis!



3 comments:

  1. Well done on the food! Maybe don't worry so much about which programme you're going to follow, and just move. I certainly know that's what I need to do. Not that I'm following my own advice this week, or even today. And I can certainly relate to the shock whenever I see myself in the mirror or in a photo. Sigh. You're doing better than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting started again is always difficult, but once it's on, I find it easier to keep. Start it lightly and then pick up the pace. So ALL THE BEST to you and GREAT JOB already on the food! I also find it difficult to stay out of junk food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Junk food is the bane of my existence.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!