Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Yup. Still a fat ass.

Hi! Remember me?

The best way to describe it is that I'm suffering from analysis paralysis. I do not want to cut my calories and fat to near starvation levels a la Weight Watchers but I'm also desperate to lose some weight. I'm not going to give up eating whole, natural foods, but at the same time, it's not sustainable forever 100% perfectly. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed with tracking. Sometimes it just seems so pointless with all the variables, but obviously, not tracking hasn't helped, since I put another 10 pounds of pure fat on over the winter.

I've been following the New Rules of Lifting for Women program since the beginning of the year with a nice increase in strength, but no change as far as weight or size is concerned. I just added 22 Minute Hard Corps to the plan as well. It's mostly cardio but I can use a quick daily cardio option to try and burn more calories. They claim results in the eight week program. Can't hurt, right?

I'm going to try to stick to a single calorie and macro goal on the daily. My fear is when we go out to eat/I have an event/etc. I'm going to go over my calories by too much. That's one of the reasons Weight Watchers worked so well for me - planned binges/cheats. I'm also not a fan of tracking vegetables, but I need to if I'm going to be counting calories so exactly... Counting calories and macros is a serious pain in the ass, but this is the ass you get when you don't have a stop mechanism and you don't track. What I wouldn't give to be one of those girls that naturally doesn't eat too much.

1 comment:

  1. Your last sentence. That's me. 100%. I relate, and I feel for you. (And I'm sure I'm a bigger fat ass - or arse, as we would say - than you!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!