Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Mental Side of Fitness

I'm in such a good place right now.

Originally, I wanted to get to the low 160's by Halloween. Oh well, I'm okay that I won't get there. It would be nice to get to 175 or lower by Thanksgiving, which is totally doable, however, I'm not going to sacrifice my vacation or holidays to get there. I have such a better outlook on this journey now than I have in years past. I don't need to give up and eat all the things, but I don't stress out over going over my allotted calories either. I decide what I want, and it's no longer all or nothing with hard and fast rules.

Whatever weight I am at Thanksgiving is the weight I will work to maintain until January 1. I will work to lift heavy 3-4 times a week. I am not going to deny myself some of the holiday yummies, but I'm also not going to go crazy.  I am so amazed that I have gotten here. I wish more women could get to this place. This the most mentally healthy I have ever been regarding my weight and health, and this includes when I was 155 lbs and relatively thin.

Now of course I still have all kinds of pants that don't fit, but there's always next year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!