Tuesday, November 8, 2016

KonMari Method

Friday, November 4
Calories: 2387
Carbs: 177
Fat: 98
Protein: 144
Fiber: 30
Steps: 11,787
Activity: Extra Butchered All Pro's day 1, Dog walk
Saturday, November 5
Calories: 2173
Carbs: 155
Fat: 125
Protein: 73
Fiber: 24
Steps: 11,379
Activity: Dog walk, house cleaning

Sunday, November 6
Calories: 1884
Carbs: 124
Fat: 102
Protein: 135
Fiber: 20
Steps: 15,225
Activity: Dog walk, house cleaning
Weight: 183

To look at how I've been eating, you would think that I didn't care if I lost more weight or not.

Not really related to weight loss or working out, I have been reading this book: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A Simple, Effective Way to Banish Clutter Forever by Marie Kondo. Apparently she has this cult-like following. The process feels very Japanese-Spiritual - As you declutter, you select what items to keep by how you feel when you touch them, i.e. does this item spark joy in your heart? When you discard something, whether it is because it does not spark joy or is beyond it's useful life, or whatever reason, you say thank you to the item for it's service to you before discarding it. She greets her home, and thanks her shoes, coat, etc. for their service daily. It's a little kooky, but apparently all this mumbo jumbo works for some people, so I'm willing to give it a shot. I am a packrat at heart so always looking for the magic fix to declutter my home. I'll probably talk more about this in the future, as this method seems hard for me to really embrace, but I did have a great moment this morning.

I wore this shirt to the gym.



I love this shirt. Why do I love it? Because it was a PR for me, and the shirt was very flattering (when I was at a runner's weight). When I went through my drawers yesterday, I kept the shirt because I believed it sparked joy (I'm still getting the hang of this touch something to see if it sparks joy or not thing). When I set out my gym clothes last night, I grabbed this shirt. Fast forward to this morning at the gym. It's slightly too small, rides up while I'm lifting, and has a gatorade dribble stain on the front. On top of all of that, it has a permanent stink to it that doesn't come out until I'm warmed up. All the febreeze and baking soda in the world hasn't been able to clear that up. :/

So after this morning's workout, I bid this shirt goodbye and thanked it for its service, remembering the countless runs it served me, of course recording it on the internet for posterity's sake. Because a photo on the internet does not clutter my house.

1 comment:

  1. I have such a hard time parting with my race shirts! I actually just wore that exact shirt on a run yesterday. Sometimes I feel like Uncle Rico, still living in '82.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!