Friday, November 4, 2016

New Direction

It's no secret that my blog has been a bit stagnant. Sometimes you just don't want to write, ya know?

But some of my loveliest friends told me they would love to see me write about lifting, which is doable because I do a lot of it, and I already do a log on a fitness site. So I'm going to start sharing with you more.

First things first, I try to track and share my macros and weight daily, so here's this:

Thursday, November 3
Calories: 2056
Carbs: 101
Protein: 144
Fat: 108
Fiber: 41
Steps: 11,728
Activity: Dog walk
Weight: 185

As far as personal life goes, this is my last weekend off likely until June or July. I plan on enjoying it! Plus tonight will be last post work dog walk in daylight :sniffle: Damn winter.

I also lifted this morning:

Routine: Butchered Mess of All Pro's

Supplements
Pre/Intra: 1 Scoops Champion Performance Amino Shooter Edge in Blue Raspberry and 3g Creatine Monohydrate
Post: 1.5 scoops Champion Performance Pure Whey Plus in Coffee

Warmup - Treadmill, foam roller, stretching, frog sit, paused goblet squats, arm circles of peace, wrist and forearm stretching

Back Squat
45 x 8
55 x 8
85 x 8



95 x 5



Standing Calf Raise
2 x 145 x 10

Bench Press
45 x 10
55 x 8
2 x 85 x 5





 

Bent Over Barbell Row
30 x 8
50 x 8
80 x 6
90 x 5

Overhead Press
2 x 60 x 5

Romanian Deadlift
2 x 115 x 8

Assisted Pullup
160 x 5
160 x 4

So I'm massacring All Pros. Don't know that I want to do low reps on calves since they are strong and I'd prefer hypertrophy there. Can't really do low reps on Romanian Deadlifts yet (or increase the weight the way I should for low reps) since grip is not there yet. However, I'm totally stoked on low reps for squat bench, rows, overhead press and assisted pullups.

I have been noticing wrist pain the last couple workouts. Noticed it on bench Wednesday, and noticed it a lot today. I brought my grip in a little on bench and the pain was less there, but I still felt it a lot in my workout. I also felt some weird sensations in random joints/tendons. I think I'll finish this 2 week cycle and then do a deload leading into Thanksgiving, and then hit a new cycle and/or program right after Thanksgiving. That will coincide with my plan to maintain through the end of the year and maybe I'll see some good strength gains during the time of eating. :D

Anyway, hope whoever is actually still reading likes the new direction! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!