Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Today is the Day

This is a momentous day. Possibly the most important election of my life, past AND future. It is momentous just because we are THIS CLOSE to having a woman in the White House! But to counter that, we have her polar opposite running against her. A rude, loud, obnoxious bully who ridicules the disabled, preaches hate, incites violence, uses and discards women, and doesn't even have a shred of respect for this country or our democracy. This is truly a decision between love and hate, decency and deplorable, dare I say good and evil. What he embodies is not change, even though his supporters preach that constantly. He embodies everything that I associate with a dictator mixed with a schoolyard bully. When did we start to accept bullies again? He is the kid who would push down the disabled kid to steal his school money, the kid who put a mirror on his show to look up girls dresses (before he decided molesting them was better?), the kid who calls other children names.

Which brings me to my next point. There are people on Facebook who have called others immature for unfriending them because they did not share political beliefs. Not sharing political beliefs is one thing, but supporting someone this despicable without any understandable reason, That is someone I can no longer be friends with. It's not about intolerance of those who disagree with me, its about looking away when the bully attacks another child. It's about not standing up against the person who tells racist jokes, and it's about being idle when women are degraded right in front you. I cannot stand by and let that happen without saying something, and if that causes me to lose a "friend" then they're not a friend that shares my basic values, which is no loss at all in my mind.

Oh and I worked out yesterday but have been too busy to post it.

Butchered Mess of All Pro's Day 2

Supplements
Pre/Intra: 1 Scoops Champion Performance Amino Shooter Edge in Blue Raspberry and 3g Creatine Monohydrate
Post: 1 scoop Champion Performance Pure Whey Plus in Coffee

Warmup - Treadmill, foam roller, stretching, frog sit, paused goblet squats, arm circles of peace, wrist and forearm stretching

Bench Press
45 x 10
55 x 10
2 x 85 x 6

Had to do bench first because someone was alternating between an Olympic Bar Curl and an elevated pushup in the squat rack :eyeroll:

Back Squat
45 x 11


55 x 8


95 x 6


95 x 6 (tried a different camera angle)



Depth suffered today because of dude curling in the squat rack and my legs had a chance to get all tight again. I really thought this curling in the squat rack was mostly a funny joke and it didn't really happen often

Standing Calf Raise
145 x 9
155 x 10

Bent Over Barbell Row
30 x 10
50 x 8
2 x 90 x 6

Overhead Press
2 x 60 x 6

Romanian Deadlift
115 x 8
125 x 5

Assisted Pullup
2 x 160 x 5

Knee felt better after a weekend rest. Doesn't bother me at all when squatting, but I have to be careful when I stand and turn, pretty much doing anything. No crazy injury or anything, but it sometimes feels loose. Wrist also feels better, but instead of a true wrist pain, it is a grip pain. Feel it sometimes when I grip something or move my fingers a specific way, such as while scratching an itch. Likely a grip overuse thing. Straps will help. Maybe I can find room in my budget for versa grips. it didn't bother me much today, I tried hard to not have a death grip on things, as well as keep my wrists straight with my forearms.

Also, more half rep hilarity. One was a woman who I KNOW trains with the owner. I love him, think he's a great guy and all, but this is why I would not pay to train with him. I really wanted to say something, but I don't think it's my business. The owner should be saying something! Grrrrrrr.

Also, my gym might close Friday for Veterans day, which means I'll have to figure out a workout maybe Saturday? Crap though, I have to work late Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!