Thursday, January 26, 2017

Bench day, January 26, 2017

Bench Day

45x8
55x6
65x4
75x3
85x1
95x6
100x5
80x8
wide grip-ish
100x1 - imperceptible pause to the eye, horrific pause felt internally LOL




Dumbbell Bench Press
10's x 35
2 x 20's x 25

Rear delts
3 x 12.5's x 12

Hammer curls
3x15'sx12

Barbell shrugs
3x80x12

Wide Grip cable row
2x75x12

Air Bike
3x20

Crunches
3x15

Gym was EMPTY today, including the owner. :( Excuses, excuses. I want a spotting robot.




So, I was not feeling strong today. I don't know if it's because I didn't remember my PWO, I've shoveled too much, or I'm just generally tired. I'm trying to look at the positives - I flat benched 100 FIVE TIMES! Rather than the "I didn't do what I was supposed to do." I am happy with my arch (I think it's looking better!), I didn't have to do the roll of shame (because I didn't go that far out of my comfort zone but whatevs), and my butt is sore (squeeze the butt is now my go-to cue). I am choosing to see today as an accomplishment, rather than beat myself up. Next week is a new week, and I have to psych myself up for DL test day tomorrow. Ha, I should go find some caffeine tabs to keep by my bed tonight.

Regardless, I participated in this today: https://www.facebook.com/DisabledSportsEasternSierra/videos/1238466846190537/

It is such a small sacrifice in the big scheme of things to lift my tired arms and hold ski poles up as a symbolic thank you to those who risked their life for our country. It really makes me thankful for my life and my limbs to participate in this every year, as well as working for a company that does so much to help these brave men and women move forward in their life, learn new skills, be athletic, and enjoy the mountains.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!