Thursday, February 2, 2017

Deadlifts, February 2, 2017

Front squat
45x8
65x5
85x3
105x1
115x1
125x1
135x1



Not super satisfied with depth on the 135, but I wasn't interested in trying again, still had a lot of work left in this workout!

Trap, raised
135x3
155x1
175x1
190x1


Deadlift
15x160x1



Banded Deads
3x135x2 (heavier band!)



Kept forgetting they were doubles LOL

Seated Leg Curl
3x95x12

Seated Calf Raise
3x80x15

Air Bike
3x20

Crunches
2x10

Reverse Crunch
2x10

Played around with "setting my lats" today, i.e. slight theatrics Hahahah I think I did okay with calories yesterday, today should be fairly easy, and then tomorrow and Sunday will be hard, especially since I eat at our restaurant. No complete knowledge over ingredients or a scale to weight.

I also noticed that I'm not always celebrating my PR's. That's because every other week I'm instructed to hit a PR, which says to me, I haven't actually hit the limits of my strength. I guess when I start missing those, I'll record PR's and when I set new ones.

Next week I have to travel to Tahoe, in a likely snowstorm. Figuring out my workouts. I can get a workout in Monday am if I get there early enough, but can't commit to Tuesday. Neither can I commit to Saturday due to work schedule. I think I am going to try for Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday. I'll have to go into work late on Sunday though, since it's Superbowl Sunday immediately after work. I'm such a slacker.

6 comments:

  1. Nope, sorry, you can't finish a post like this, including one when you're planning workouts in advance and manage to schedule in four in a week, and then say you're a slacker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Best paid plans, came down with a cold so haven't been to the gym in almost a week! Was going to try to go today, and then ended up sleeping through my workout time.... :/ But thank you!

      Delete
  2. I am loving your recent posts! I've recently got myself back in the gym and I'm wanting to start some heavier lifting. I'll probably give myself another month so I can be three full months out from surgery, but I'm excited at the prospect.

    Stupid (but legitimate) question: I've been noticing a lot of lifters wearing Chucks at my gym too. Is this for function or fashion? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a stupid question! When lifting heavy, you need a shoe with a sturdy sole (a running shoe has too much cushion) for a stable foundation. Chucks don't have a lot of cushion and have a flat sole which makes them ideal for deadlifts. You can squat in them too, but many people (myself included) can get more depth from a raised heel so they make squat shoes that have a wooden or hard plastic sole with a raised heel that helps you get a little more depth. Powerlifting federations have rules about the squat - some are stricter than others, but technically you need your hip joint to be lower than your knee joint for your squat to count in competition which is why we freak out about depth. Anyway, I know I went off on a small tangent there, but Chucks are one of the cheapest flat soled shoes out there (and I happen to already have a few pairs because I like the way they look), but there are other (more expensive) flat soled lifting shoes out there.

      I'm excited for you! If I can answer any other questions, I am more than happy to! :)

      Delete
    2. Cool! Thanks for the explanation! I love my Chucks, so it's good to know that I'll have something I need when I finally get around to heavier lifting.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!